Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Alma Magazine Ad - Papel Picado

This is Ariyana, fellow intern of Andrea and Vika at the HHF for the summer. Currently Vika and I have been working on creating ads for the foundation. Vika has been busy finishing her Cine Mexicano poster of Rita Moreno and Anthony Quinn. Meanwhile, I have been preoccupied with creating ads based on the theme of papel picado, which you can see below. Both concepts were very labor intensive to make, from the sketches to the final, especially since in keeping with the theme of the ad I wanted to do the work traditionally, which meant actually cutting my designs from paper. Believe me, after making many mistakes during this project my admiration for the art of papel picado, not only in the result but the process, has definitely grown. I’m really happy with the finals and have just given them to Bill to be formatted and refined for print. Also, I’m going to be REALLY excited to see the ad in Alma!

No comments: