Monday, August 11, 2008

Family is Everything to Me by Shelbie Bruce

Two of my passions in my life are: God and Family. Unfortunately, I’m sad to say that not many people feel the joy that I feel about admitting or even acknowledging the pride that I feel when speaking up about those two topics. Well I’m here to tell you that YOU ROCK IF YOU SHARE MY SAME FEELINGS!!!!!

My first passion is my God. Without Him, I’m NOBODY. I am who I am and my talents come from HIM. Now, this time I want to talk about a very special person of my team/family and yes, that includes my little brother Robby Bruce, reason why I’m writing this Blog today. You all may not know this, but, he is also an actor and a very good one, if I may say so. Well, before I get ahead on myself, I need to tell you a very important fact about Robby. He has sacrificed many hours of play time and friend time to support my acting career and this is why I felt the need to not only praise him and thank him, but to share some very exiting news about HIS career. Robby Bruce MY BROTHER just finished filming two movies, the first one is called “EL TUX” and the second one is called “FORGET ME NOT”. The first one “El Tux”, is a short film directed by Director Paco Farias who happened to be this year’s New York Latin Film Festival winner. The biggest blessing for the two of us is that we both got to work on it. Can you believe it!!!! Look for it on HBO during September, Hispanic Heritage Month, OK. Now the second one, “Forget Me Not” is an independent feature film and we don’t have much information on when it airs, but, I will for sure keep you all posted.

For those of you who feel that bragging about your family is not cool, I tell you, your family is and will always be the only friends who will never stop loving you and come to think of it, YOU ARE WHO YOU ARE BECAUSE OF YOUR FAMILY, reason why I feel the need to start a new trend, the trend of BEING COOL FOR BRAGGING ABOUT YOUR FAMILY!!!!! Please send me notes and tell me about your proud family moments, OK. You can send them here to the Hispanic Heritage Blog or you can send them to my site http://www.shelbiebruce.com/
God bless!!!!! Here are some pictures and a couple of links where you can read more about “El Tux” and “Forget Me Not”… Enjoy!!!!!

Links:

El Tux

Forget Me Not

Pictures:

Robby Bruce with crutches on set filming El Tux
Shelbie Bruce and Harvey Guillen on set of El Tux

Bruce and Director Paco Farias, center, along with other cast members.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this ❤️