Tuesday, July 22, 2008

“LITTLE MISS CEO” by Shelbie Bruce

Words will never do justice to the unbelievable news I’m about to tell you. Here is the true definition of “perseverance”. I just shot a Pilot Presentation that has been in the works for the past 3 years. Here again is another example of “WHERE THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY”. I was approached by this team of writers and producers about a year after “Spanglish” with a script for a movie. The team allowed me to conduct the meeting in an office where I was asked to sit behind the desk as if I was a big shot. At the age of 13, I sure did. Well, I came prepared after reading the script, with very detailed comments about the likes and dislikes I had, of the movie. My parents, brother, agents and the movie’s writers, where all in there just listening. At the end of the meeting the writers thanked me for the meeting and as they were walking out, I guess in awe of my professionalism and preparation to not only being able to answer all their questions but, to give my input on the matter, an idea came to them. Three or four weeks later, my parents and I received a draft for a Pilot Idea called “Little Miss CEO”. We thought it was a very good idea, sent our comments and forgot about it, like you have to do in Hollywood. Earlier this year, almost three years after our initial meeting, to our surprise and shock, we heard from them again. They were not only ready with a full script but, they were also ready to shoot a Pilot Presentation.
Later on I will give you more details on the project. Right now, we are in post production and I’m not at liberty to say much, but, stay tuned for more, OK.

God bless you all and Dream Big!!!

Visit: Shelbie Bruce Official Website

No comments: