Thursday, July 24, 2008

Michael Monroy Wins National Contest




Short Biography:

  • Michael Monrroy, age 18, of Sterling, Virginia.
  • Born in Arlington, Virginia.
  • Parents from Bolivia and Colombia.
  • Former graduate of Park View High School, in Sterling Park, Loudoun County
  • Former Hispanic Heritage Foundation Youth Award Winner for the Washington DC area.
  • Current undergraduate sophomore at the American University in Washington DC.
  • Majoring in political science and business.
  • Aspires to one day run for Congress and the U.S. Senate.
The Major News:

I have won the SiTV presents Crash the Parties with Voto Latino national contest! Yesterday, I was in Washington DC all day. In the morning, I received professional press training, and was mentored by CNN's famous anchor Rick Sanchez, and later in the day, I was honored in a ceremony on Capitol Hill where I was introduced by actress Rosario Dawson to a packed room full of media, congressman, political celebrities, and people who supported me in this contest.I gave an acceptance speech, was interviewed by the Washington Post, CNN, Roll Call and various other media outlets.In addition, CNN is flying me out to their studio headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia for a whole day.Also, SiTV is currently shooting a documentary about the contest. A camera man from SiTV followed me around all day today as I took him to places around DC including American University and the Capitol.Also, check out Rosario Dawson mentioning my name on MSNBC on the Morning Joe show:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/25812934#25812934

Keep checking in with the crashtheparties08 website and see my report from the Republican National Convention and more in the coming days! http://www.crashtheparties08.com/#poll

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND VOTES, THIS WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE WITHOUT YOU!!!!
-Michael

No comments: